Wednesday 20 February 2008

the rock to work!



so all this week, ive decied im going to listen to a new rock album (i.e one ive never listened to before) on the way to work. my walk to work takes me about 45 mins, so its a good amount of time to fit an album in (in fact so far its near perfect with the last song ending just as i reach work).

so far this week:

monday: ac/dc - for those about to rock (we salute you)
tuesday: ac/dc - dirty deeds done dirty cheap
wednesday: rage againts the machine - the battle of LA

so far, ive liked ac/dc's for those about to rock the best, it really got me going on monday morning, and ive listened to it again since, which is a good sign! rage agaisnt the machine i like, but the singers voice annoys me, its like hes singing by spitting. I mean the guitar playing is cool, and i like the music in genral, but hes voice and some of the lyrics get on my nerves...actually it's not even the lyrics, its just his voice.... this is why i like audio slave, they are like the best parts of sound garden and rage against the machine put together, the sound of rage, but the vocals of chris cornell.

working into work while listening to rage against the machone is like walking into work with attitude.

anyway, i think im going to try queens of the stone age tomorrow, and van halen on friday. this is also good because its forcing me to put new music on my ipod, which is somewhat empty!

No comments: